Wednesday, June 25, 2008

7 June 2008

This morning I went to the market in Verona. They have a lot of people selling their meats and cheeses. A butcher offered me a sample of what I thought was just provolone cheese…..it ended up being goat cheese….not good for me. It had a really strong after taste that stuck with me for a minute, its probably not something I would typically choose to eat. The sample of salami her offered me however, was amazing. It seemed really fresh too.
As a late morning snack I grabbed what looked like a breadstick split open with sauce and some pepperoni slices in it. It was a good thing to just munch on. We decided to hop a train to Garda and picked up some croissants on the way. They were filled with orange marmalade. They were very good and the orange marmalade gave them the little bit of different flavor to make them better.
We ended up getting caught in the rain so we did what we do when we’re in Italy and decided to grab gelato. We all shared a banana split, gelato style. It was a banana split in two (who would thought) with coffee, vanilla, and I think melon flavored gelato. There was whipped cream and wafer circles on top.
Dinner was nothing special I just cooked myself some pasta with red sauce from the jar. We went out for drinks later and I got an aperol spritz (aperol, white wine, seltzer, and an orange slice)

No comments: