Wednesday, June 25, 2008

13 June 2008

Immediately we went to the Vatican this morning, so I grabbed an orange for breakfast. For a mid day snack I had these little silver dollar sized pizzas with some red sauce and mozz., they were pretty good.
We had lunch in the old city. I was craving some vegetables, so I just had a salad with oil and vinegar. They served it with bread too, so I dipped my bread in the olive oil. I had brochette as an appetizer with spec and olive oil on it.
We once again went out for dinner so I ordered a pasta I saw on the menue expecting it to be warm but it was actually served cold which was kind of a let down. It had tuna and green beans with some basil and olive oil on it. It wasn’t bad, it reminded me more of something we would serve back home at a picnic, rather than as a full meal.
After dinner we were walking around Rome and came across a little bakery. I immediately went for the cannolies, which is something I noticed is more common in southern Italy than in the north, since this was the second time I had seen them in Italy and the first was in Firenze. It was so good, it had little slices of orange on eat end and it had a vanilla filling with chocolate flakes, and the outside crust was so crispy and flakey. This defiantly made my sweet tooth happy.

No comments: