Wednesday, June 25, 2008

5 June 2008

Today I started off late, so there was no time for breakfast. After class though, I decided to go out to eat. We went to a little pizzeria. I split a pizza with artichokes, olive, and sausage with my friend. Splitting food doesn’t seem to be very common in Italy because when we only ordered one pizza, the waiter looked at us with a little confusion. To drink I had aqua frizzante (fizzy water) I’ve learned that I don’t really like the normal water over here, so the fizzy water kind of distracts me from the taste.
I ate dinner with some of my Italian friends. They wanted to take us out and show us to this little spot they like to go. It wasn’t exactly the typical Italian sit down dinner place, it was more of a place where you grab a quick bit to eat. The restaurant sold what looked like little mini calzones. I told them to order for me because I didn’t know what to choose. They ended up buying on of everything…
I had a little calzone like thing with mozz. and red sauce. It was really good, it kind of reminded me of a hot pocket actually haha. They also ordered what looked like chicken cutlets, it was just a piece of flat boneless deep fried chicken. We had what Americans would probably call deep fried meat balls. And there was one more little friend ball with rice and orange sauce. It was a very wide range of different little finger foods, but they were all very good.

No comments: