Wednesday, June 25, 2008

6 June 2008

For lunch I went out for pizza again. I love the pizza here. I went with my friends Erik and Megan. We decided to get a pizza and a calzone to split. Erik and Megan had some sort of german beer, I ended up just getting water. The calzone had meatball and sausage in it. It was amazing, the first actual calzone I had since I got to Italy and it was huge. The pizza we ordered had hot salami on it. I think that’s now one of my new favorite pizza toppings. Pizza in Italy is so much better than any pizza I’ve had at home, it’s a lot lighter on the cheese and sauce and the crust is thinner too. Its enough to satisfy, not give you that too full feeling.
We cooked in for dinner, at our friends house. We all got together to buy ingredients. We just made a lot of gnocci ( a potato filled pasta) and two types of sauce. One just pesto, and one red sauce with some red wine and veggies in it. I stuck with the pesto (another new favorite for me to bring home).

No comments: